Green Card (Permanent residency)
for extraordinary abilities in business
Extraordinary ability classification is for individuals who are recognized as being at the very top of their field and who are coming to the United States to continue work in that field (sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics). There are 40,000 Permanent Residencies (Green Cards) available in this category per year. To establish eligibility, you must demonstrate sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in your field of expertise by showing:
(1) that you have received a major internationally recognized award;
(2) that you meet at least three of the ten requirements listed below and all your evidence, when evaluated together, shows that you are among the small percentage of individuals that have risen to the very top of your field.
- Have you received nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor?
- Are you a member of associations that require outstanding achievements of their members as judged by recognized national or international experts?
- Is there published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about you which relates to your work in the field?
- Have you participated on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the same or in an allied field of specialization?
- Have you made original scientific, scholarly or business contributions that are of major significance?
- Have you authored scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media?
- Has your work been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases?
- Have you played a leading or critical role for an organization with a distinguished reputation?
- Have you or will you command a high salary or other remuneration for your services in comparison to others in your field?
- Have you enjoyed commercial successes in the performing arts?
To obtain a Green Card, you must be able to establish that you are coming to the United States to continue to work in your area of extraordinary ability
Some of the evidence you may submit to demonstrate that you are coming to the United States to continue to work in your area of extraordinary ability include:
- Letters from current or prospective employers; or,
- Documents evidencing your prearranged commitments (e.g. contracts); or,
- A statement detailing your plans on how you intend to continue working in your field in the United States (for self-employed).
** The applicant does not have to have a specific job offer
Advantages of a Permanent Residency (Green Card):
When applying for a Green Card for Extraordinary ability, you don’t have to go through the usual labour certification process and demonstrate that no Americans is available to fill the position. With a Green Card, your family will be more willing to move to the US because your spouse and children ( under 21) will all obtain Permanent Residency (Green Card) and have the same rights and privileges as Americans.
For you and your family going to the US, our staff will assist in the following areas:
- Rent or buy a home anywhere in the United States
- Schools and Universities
- Insurance (healthcare, home and vehicles)
- Banking (credit cards and loans)
- Accounting (for preparation of annual tax returns)
- Recommendations pertaining to what must do when leaving your home country to make the transition as seamless as possible
- US social security, Driver’s license
- Moving procedures
Let us facilitate the integration of your family in their new homeland in assisting them with all their personal needs, so they can feel at home in the United States.